Become an All Bright Community Canvasser!
Position Announcement: All Bright Community Canvasser
The All Bright Community Canvassers will report directly to and support the Outreach Coordinator in getting the word out about our All Bright Homeownership program, an initiative designed to combat investor ownership in the Lower Allston neighborhood by buying homes and selling them to individuals and families who agree to live there via deed restriction. Outreach will include canvassing the area, prioritizing knocking on renters’ doors to gain potential buyers for the program. For renters who may not be ready to buy, Canvassers will be prepared with materials to hand out about our Homebuying 101 classes, affordable housing advocacy, and more to engage neighbors in Allston Brighton CDC’s work.
All Canvassers will be compensated $15 per hour with a minimum of four hours a week expected to work each week. The team will be provided with comprehensive canvassing training before going out into the field. This is a temporary position from October 2nd through November 22nd with the possibility of continuing in the 2018 spring and summer sessions as well.
- Canvass the Lower Allston neighborhood alongside team members each week
- Educate residents on Allston Brighton CDC’s programming, specifically All Bright Homeownership but may also include The Homebuying Mentors® and community engagement opportunities
- Gather resident contact information should they be interested in receiving more information regarding Allston Brighton CDC program.
- Identify households that need program information in languages other than English
- Enter door knocking deliverables into team Google Sheet after each canvassing shift
- Serve as face of All Bright Homeownership program and represent Allston Brighton CDC well in the community
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Comfortable working outside and being on their feet for hours at a time
- A strong work ethic and accountability
- Availability to work every week October 2nd through November 22nd
- Residents of Allston/Brighton are preferred
- Previous canvassing experience is a plus but not necessary
- Bilingual proficiency in Spanish, Chinese, or Russian
To apply: Please submit your resume and a short cover letter to Jenna Connolly, Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allston Brighton CDC is an equal opportunity employer.