Earn Extra Money While Being Civically Engaged!
In partnership with the Boston Elections Department, Allston Brighton CDC is hiring poll workers for the Primary on September 26th for the Boston Green Academy polling location (20 Warren Street, Brighton).
We seek to engage Massachusetts residents in the democratic process of voting (you do not have to be an Allston Brighton resident to participate). Being a Poll Worker is a great way to get involved in the election process and empower your community!
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a registered voter
- Attend a training session in August (date to be determined)
- Earn a stipend for participation!
- Gain an inside perspective of the democratic process while helping your neighbors exercise their right to vote!
We are looking to fill the following positions/shifts:
Warden (6:00am-9:00pm) (hiring one w/$205.00 stipend)
- The Warden is the Chief Election Officer at the polling location
- The Warden supervises the other poll workers before the polls open, during the Primary, and while the ballots are being processed.
- The Warden is responsible for maintaining order and ensures that poll workers, voters, and others comply with the Election Laws and protocol.
- Announces the opening and closing of the polls.
- The Warden may employ the assistance of the Police Office, if necessary
Clerk (6:00am-9:00pm) (hiring one w/ $180.00 stipend)
- The Clerk is the Record Keeper for the polling location
- Maintains the Clerk’s Book, fills out forms, records the names and addresses of all challenged and provisional voters.
- Records and tallies the results into the Clerk’s Book.
- Records proceedings of the election, including unusual happenings and Accu-Vote Optical Scanner malfunctions
- The Clerk works under the direct supervision of the Warden and assists Warden with general election duties.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Warden in the Warden’s absence.
Inspector (6:00am-1:00pm; 1:00pm-9:00pm) (hiring 8, 4 each shift, w/$93.00–$102.00 stipend)
- Inspectors receive all work requirements from the Warden or Clerk.
- Inspectors help prepare the voting location for opening. Some of these responsibilities include hanging signs and counting ballots.
- Inspectors ensure that there are no obstructions in the path of voters with disabilities.
- Inspectors may assist voters with another election officer present.
- Inspectors assist in the closing of the polling location including: taking down signs, packing up, and counting ballots.
To Apply: Please call, or email Jason Desrosier (Manager of Community Building and Engagement) at (617) 787-3874 x206 or Desrosier@allstonbrightoncdc.org with what position you are interested in, and for Inspectors, please include shift (6:00am-1:00pm; 1:00pm-9:00pm).
Apply Now! Deadline is July 21st!