Join our Team! Resident Services Manager
Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation (Allston Brighton CDC) seeks a Resident Services Manager.
About the Allston Brighton CDC
The Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation (CDC) builds a stronger and more stable community by representing and supporting the expressed interests, positive engagement and leadership of Allston Brighton’s diverse local communities, institutions, individuals and families of all incomes. For 35 years, Allston Brighton CDC has led initiatives that create affordable homes, foster community leadership, enhance and protect open spaces and offer steps to increased incomes and assets so residents can call Allston Brighton home for the long-term. The CDC oversees a portfolio of over 500 affordable housing units in 9 sites throughout Allston Brighton.
Today, Allston Brighton CDC addresses critical changes in our community, focuses and defines its role as a catalyst for community stability, and positions itself for the sustained creation of opportunities for families and individuals of all income levels to engage as leaders and improve their lives. One of our strategic directions is to mobilize and support new voices for community leadership. In this initiative, Allston Brighton CDC seeks to empower individuals and groups of people by providing them with the skills they need to affect change in their own communities and connecting them to broader neighborhood stabilization efforts and campaigns.
The Resident Services Manager is responsible for implementing Allston Brighton CDC’s resident services initiative. This initiative is intended to stabilize tenancies in the 500+ affordable rental units, increase economic self-sufficiency and access to opportunity, and remove barriers which prevent individuals and families from being fully engaged in their community. The Resident Services Manager will assist tenants in accessing resources in the community and will support meaningful and sustainable resident engagement in their housing as well as within the broader community. The Resident Services Manager reports to the Executive Director.
- Enhance Allston Brighton CDC’s resident service coordination initiatives to maximize stable tenancy for residents living in ABCDC properties. This includes collaboration with the property management company, and other service providers throughout the community.
- Supervise the Resident Service Specialist who oversees the daily operations of the All Bright Community Center including opening and closing of facility, cash management, programming, and rental services. Addresses resident issues, needs, and feedback on the center. Promote and market the All Bright Community Center to residents living in ABCDC owned properties.
- Organize and coordinate community events. Duties consist of strategic planning, event management, cash handling, data analysis, employee supervision, recruitment for programs and events, and other duties as assigned.
- In partnership with the Manager of Community Building and Engagement, implement the Leadership Development Academy designed to support resident capacity and leadership skills so they may grow their own self-sufficiency and engage in advocacy and civic life at the local and city level.
- Assist the Manager of Community Building and Engagement in connecting with residents of ABCDC housing to neighborhood-wide associations, organizing initiatives, and civic engagement activities.
- Utilize Salesforce as a measurement tool to ensure the work is having the desired effect and use the data to refine or develop new programming to meet emerging trends.
- Work with staff on grant applications.
- Three – Five years’ experience in community organizing, case management, and/or resident services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge of the Boston-area social service delivery network, particularly for low-income and moderate-income households.
- Demonstrated ability to work with low and moderate-income individuals and families and racially and culturally diverse communities.
- Knowledge of subsidized housing programs.
- Salesforce experience
- Bilingual in written and oral Spanish/English
- Excellent listening skills/follow through and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
Salary and Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, life/short-term disability/long-term disability insurance, three weeks’ vacation, holidays, sick leave, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to John Woods, Executive Director, Allston Brighton CDC, 18R Shepard Street, Brighton, Massachusetts 02135 or email email@example.com.
The Allston Brighton CDC is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and Allston Brighton residents are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.