RESOURCES FOR FINDING AN AFFORDABLE APARTMENT
The state’s affordable housing bank, supports the creation, preservation and long-term viability of affordable homeownership and rental housing opportunities for Massachusetts residents with modest incomes. MassHousing is a self-sustaining agency and does not use taxpayer dollars in its programs.
MassHousing maintains a master list of affordable housing properties listed by city/town across the state. Click on the following link to find the MassHousing Housing List on MassHousing’s website.
The MassHousing Housing List is organized in three forms, all found on the website:
- Massachusetts Full List
- City of Boston Only List
- Section 8 Property List
Rental Housing and Tenant Resources
Boston Rental Housing Center:
This City of Boston office provides advice, information, and assistance to Boston landlords and tenants who have problems or questions about rental housing issues. You can contact the Center at 617-635-4200 or visit their website by clicking here.
The Rental Housing Center also has a number of helpful resources to review before you rent an apartment:
- The Good Neighbors Handbook – A Guide for Boston Landlords & Tenants (pdf)
- Top Ten Things You Should Know Before Renting an Apartment (pdf)
- Know Your Rights When You Rent in Boston
RESOURCES FOR FINDING A MARKET-RATE APARTMENT
- Craigslist – A comprehensive source for apartments of all types.
- Boston.com – A full range of Boston area listings.