Thank you for your interest in joining the Allston Brighton CDC team. Check out our new job opportunities below!
Resident Services Coordinator
Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation builds a stronger and more stable community by representing and supporting the expressed interests, positive engagement and leadership of Allston Brighton’s diverse local communities, institutions, individuals, and families of all incomes. Today Allston Brighton CDC’s Community Investment Plan addresses critical changes in our community, focuses our role as a catalyst for stability and positions us to create healthy communities, and new opportunities for people of all incomes to engage as civic leaders and improve their lives. We are dedicated to supporting neighborhood growth that retains a diverse socio-economic population, becoming more stable with stakeholders who actively participate in ensuring its well-being. We are expanding resident participation in civic engagement around safe, healthy communities. In collaboration with our community we engage with institutional and government partners to address community-identified and community-driven needs and goals.
Allston Brighton CDC owns 506 affordable rental units in the Allston Brighton neighborhood, offering direct service support through our Resident Service program. We assist tenants in accessing resources that help them accomplish economic self-sufficiency and to become fully engaged in their community. The All Bright Community Center functions as a hub for services and as a safe haven for all households served. Through partnerships with community agencies, services and programs are available on site, removing barriers that impact residents’ ability to access much-needed resources.
The primary function of the Resident Services Coordinator (RSC) is to effectively support the Resident Services Manager to execute the Center programming, including but not limited to program coordination, resident recruitment, and resident engagement. This position provides central support in achieving key objectives and goals for Resident Services. The RSC provides support related to providing residents with information about and access to local services and resources that can assist them in pursuing opportunities. The RSC assists with the planning and execution of events, maintenance of resident demographic data, resident intake and referrals, and the development and distribution of relevant program literature.
The RSC reports directly to the Resident Services Manager (RSM).
All Bright Community Center:
- Welcome new residents typically within the first month of move-in for orientation to programs, services, and to the neighborhood.
- Establish contact with existing residents and acclimate them to the community center.
- Coordinate the schedule of programs at the Center and helping to set a tone of inclusion and non-discrimination in the resident community.
- Coordinate use of the community space and provide onsite support for residents and their families.
- Provide onsite support for community partners, as needed.
- Open and/or close the Center as necessary.
- Design and deliver promotional materials for Resident Services programs and events.
- Engage with residents; constantly updating them on upcoming resident events and programs.
- Engage with residents and help implement regular community-building events and activities.
- Recruit residents to participate in programs, events, and meetings.
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain up-to-date records related to program documentation, such as attendance sheets, program waivers, program intakes, and photo release forms.
- Manage both demographic and programmatic data in Salesforce
- In collaboration with Communications Manager, prepare and deliver informational newsletter and calendar to inform residents of on-going and special in-house activities as well as to encourage their participation.
- Provide advocacy, translation, and interpreting services to residents as needed
- Provide referrals and supportive linkages between residents and referral agencies.
- Coordinate resident volunteer opportunities to provide increased support and resources for residents.
- Help to facilitate resident meetings and community-organizing and social activities as desired by residents.
- Complete other housing and resident related assignments as directed by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least one year of experience providing resident services or with significant work experience relevant to the position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Creative thinker; ability to think outside the box, trying new solutions and coming up with new programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with low and moderate-income individuals and families and racially and culturally diverse communities
- Proficiency in Spanish and English both written and oral
- Knowledge of relevant state, federal and local resources, and agencies
- Residents of Allston/Brighton are encouraged to apply
All Allston Brighton CDC staff share administrative responsibility for the organization, assume new and emerging responsibilities as the organization evolves, and engage in learning opportunities to share new information and knowledge that can help inform the future of the organization. Salary and Benefits: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include health insurance, life/short-term disability/long-term disability insurance, three weeks’ vacation, holidays, sick leave, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to John Woods, Executive Director at [email protected].