Resident Services Manager
About Allston Brighton CDC
Allston Brighton CDC (ABCDC) was founded in 1980 by a group of residents with the mission to build a stronger, more stable community by representing and supporting the interests, engagement, and leadership of Allston Brighton’s diverse communities, institutions, individuals, and families of all incomes. Rapidly rising housing costs disproportionately affect the neighborhood’s most vulnerable residents, creating housing instability and displacement of low- and moderate-income individuals from critical community assets like public transportation, jobs, health care, their families, and more. ABCDC strives to create a vibrant neighborhood where people of many incomes, races, and genders can live and work. We task each of our employees with carrying on the organizations mission. For over 40 years, Allston Brighton CDC has led initiatives that create affordable housing, foster community leadership, enhance and protect open spaces, and offer steps to increase incomes and assets so residents can call Allston Brighton home for the long term.
ABCDC has 20 employees across various departments ranging from full/part time employees, interns and fellows that help contribute to the mission of the organization. We serve the 1,000+ residents in our properties through All Bright Community Center activities, individualized case management, and leadership training. Today, the ABCDC addresses critical changes in our community, focuses and defines its role as a catalyst for community stability, and positions itself for the sustained creation of opportunities for families and individuals of all income levels to engage as leaders and improve their lives. ABCDC is committed to ensuring that all residents living in ABCDC owned housing have access to the services and resources they need for secure tenancies, to avoid homelessness, and to foster a stable environment for the entire portfolio.
The Resident Services Manager is responsible for developing, managing, and delivering programs that support stable tenancies and serve children, youth, adults and seniors living in ABCDC properties. The Manager will lead efforts to build social capital by fostering person-to-person and people-to-place relationships. The Manager is responsible for developing and managing partnerships with community leaders and service providers to expand opportunities for residents to access programming and resources that would enhance their quality of life. The RSM will assist residents in accessing resources in the community and will support meaningful and sustainable resident engagement in their housing as well as within the broader community.
The Resident Services Manager reports to the Deputy Director. The duties listed below are an outline of the Resident Services Manager’s responsibilities. As the needs of the community change, these duties may be modified as needed.
Program planning and implementation:
- Plan, oversee, facilitate, and deliver programming such as afterschool/summer program, food pantries, holiday events and other seasonal events and activities.
- Organize and coordinate community events such as an annual resident block party,
- Locate, develop, and maintain networks and partnerships with relevant service providers, community organizations, businesses and educational institutions and assist/train/direct Resident Services staff to do the same.
- Coordinate and execute outreach activities among resident population to help identify and encourage participation in programs aimed at connecting resident youth to efforts initiated by ABCDC Youth Program Manager
- Work with Communications and Development Manager on grant applications, bi-monthly resident newsletters and materials to aid in supporting events and programming at the All Bright Community Center.
- Assist the Manager of Community Building and Engagement in connecting residents of ABCDC housing to neighborhood-wide associations, organizing initiatives, and civic engagement activities.
- Enhance Allston Brighton CDC’s resident service coordination initiatives to maximize stable tenancy for residents living in ABCDC properties. This includes collaboration with the property management company and other service providers throughout the community.
- Oversee outreach to residents regarding available services, including quarterly orientations to new residents
- Provide direct service and/or referrals for residents in need of assistance with navigating available community resources and complex systems.
- Work with Property Management team to advocate for residents and create realistic timelines and processes to help residents retain their housing, address lease violations, and avoid eviction.
Reporting and Data Collection:
- Consistently track program metrics and measure outcomes as the basis for continuous program improvement.
- Regularly report program outcomes and trends to internal and external stakeholders and use data as the basis for continuous program improvement.
- Utilize Salesforce as a measurement tool to ensure the work is having the desired effect.
- Analyze and use the data as the basis for program improvement and to refine or develop new programming to meet emerging trends.
- Interview, hire, train, support, supervise and evaluate the Resident Services staff.
- Oversee and ensure successful implementation of programs/services checking in routinely with staff to ensure quality and consistency of program delivery.
- Support staff in appropriately addressing challenging resident issues
- Oversee the recruitment and training of community volunteers, including BC tutors.
- Attend monthly meetings both with property management and other community partners as it relates to building connections with local service providers.
- Assist in identifying trainings needed to be effective as a Resident Services staff; and
- Perform other duties as assigned in a timely and efficient matter.
- Bilingual in written and oral Spanish/English
- Three – Five years’ experience in community organizing, case management, and/or resident services
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of the Boston-area social service delivery network, particularly for low-income and moderate-income households
- Demonstrated ability to work with low and moderate-income individuals and families and racially and culturally diverse communities
- Knowledge of subsidized housing programs
- Salesforce experience
- Excellent listening skills/follow through and the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Flexible, possess a sense of humor and desire to be an integral member of a learning community at a time of growth and change
The Selection Process:
Please submit one PDF document containing a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, and an up-to-date resume to Rachel Regis, Deputy Director at [email protected].
ABCDC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. The expected salary range for this full-time position is between $55,000 – $65,000 a year. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received. The position will remain open until filled.
ABCDC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. ABCDC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or age. ABCDC is also committed to increase the racial diversity of its staff and providing opportunities for people of color to take on leadership roles within ABCDC.