The Deputy Director Position:
The Deputy Director position at ABCDC is a new position designed to support the expansion of the organization’s supportive service activities from those centered primarily on the residents living in the ABCDC portfolio into more of a neighborhood-wide resource aimed at improving the lives of individuals and households. This effort is expected to be accomplished by working closely with the strong network of supportive service organizations already in place throughout the Allston Brighton neighborhoods and by adding structural and organizational support and assistance.
The Deputy Director will help coordinate and expand on the individual activities already being addressed through ABCDC and, through this added coordination, help ensure that the mission of ABCDC is more effective in addressing the challenges and changes within the Allston Brighton Community.
Supportive Services Specific
• Assist the Executive Director in securing opportunities to expand the role of ABCDC as a supportive-service provider that assists a broader section of the Allston Brighton neighborhood. These activities are expected to include:
o Expanding and refining current initiatives now targeted to current ABCDC residents to adapt them for use neighborhood-wide;
o Developing and implementing Housing Stability Services for current residents with an eye toward expanding them for use neighborhood-wide; and
o Developing a model to assist smaller non-profit service providers to administer public and private resources aimed at improving the quality of life within Allston Brighton.
• Work with the Executive Director to drive organizational development, including analysis and implementation of priorities, partnerships, and infrastructure needs.
• Provide support and coordination among the ABCDC departments to help ensure staff focus on efforts to fulfill the organization’s mission. This work may include:
o Enhancing organizational operations, internal communications, and annual goal-setting and tracking processes;
o Coordinating outcomes-driven staff meetings; and
o Supporting opportunities for inter-departmental collaboration.
• Create and assist in implementing programs aimed at expanding the successful educational formats now in place for the homebuyer programs to provide additional opportunities to support the residents of ABCDC rental properties and lower-income households throughout the Allston Brighton neighborhoods.
• Represent ABCDC on various neighborhood, City, and State organizations and events
to identify “best-practices” and oversee their implementation.
• Assist with budget-related issues and budget planning.
• Assist with overseeing human resource functions and policies to foster a positive, engaging organizational culture to help ensure that ABCDC remains an organization of choice for potential employees, interns, and fellows.
• Provide staff representation and support at various Board Committees.
• Assist in efforts to maximize utilization of Community Investment Tax Credits.
• Work with development staff to secure, complete proposals and funding reports, and track agency budget and goals.
• Partner with development and program staff to develop and implement communications and new media strategies to advance the CDC’s efforts.
• Provide leadership role in ensuring the effectiveness of ABCDC data-collection and reporting.
Skill and Qualifications:
• Familiarity and direct experience with the supportive-service network in Boston and ideally within the Allston Brighton Neighborhood.
• Understanding of both the opportunities and challenges inherent in maintaining and expanding the role of ABCDC on the local, City, and State levels.
• Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, that will help in building effective coalitions and teams within and outside the ABCDC organization.
• Proven track-record of accomplishments in securing and administering resources aimed at assisting households and individuals with limited incomes.
• Strong consensus-building and leadership skills.
• Experience with creating presentations and administering training programs.
• Experience with Salesforce systems.
• Additional proficiency in languages spoken within Allston Brighton.
• Sensitivity towards the need to promote and implement Racial Equity policies.
The Selection Process:
Please submit one PDF document containing a cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for this position, and an up-to-date resume to John Woods, Executive Director at [email protected] no later than May 5, 2021.
ABCDC offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received. The expectation is that the position will begin in mid-2021.
ABCDC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. ABCDC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or age. ABCDC is also committed to increase the racial diversity of its staff and providing opportunities for people of color to take on leadership roles within ABCDC.
Please Note: ABCDC is expecting an internal candidate to apply for this position