Resident Services Coordinator (Part-time)
Organization Description: Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation builds a stronger and more stable community by representing and supporting the expressed interests, positive engagement and leadership of Allston Brighton’s diverse local communities, institutions, individuals and families of all incomes. Today Allston Brighton CDC’s Community Investment Plan addresses critical changes in our community, focuses our role as a catalyst for stability, and positions us to create healthy communities and new opportunities for people of all incomes to engage as civic leaders and improve their lives. We are dedicated to supporting neighborhood growth that retains a diverse socio-economic population, becoming more stable with stakeholders who actively participate in ensuring its well-being. We are expanding resident participation in civic engagement around safe, healthy communities. In collaboration with our community, we engage with institutional and government partners to address community-identified and community-driven needs and goals.
Resident Services Program: Allston Brighton CDC owns 506 affordable rental units in the Allston Brighton neighborhood, offering direct service support through our Resident Services program. We assist tenants in accessing resources that help them accomplish economic self-sufficiency and become fully engaged in their community. The All Bright Community Center functions as a hub for services and as a safe haven for all households served. Through partnerships with community agencies, services and programs are available on site, removing barriers that impact residents’ ability to access much-needed resources.
Position Summary: The primary function of the Resident Services Coordinator is to effectively support the Resident Services Manager on efforts designed to maintain and enhance tenancy preservation. It is expected that these efforts will be focused on securing various forms of assistance to address current needs during the pandemic. The Resident Services Coordinator will also assist with program coordination, resident recruitment, and resident engagement. This position provides central support in achieving key objectives and goals for Resident Services. The Resident Services Coordinator assists with the planning and execution of events, maintenance of resident demographic data, resident intake and referrals, and the development and distribution of relevant program literature.
The Resident Services Coordinator reports directly to the Resident Services Manager.
Priority 1: Resident Services/Support
- Assist Resident Services Manager in completing and maintaining applications from various sources on behalf of residents from program such as RAFT, CARES Act, and state food assistance.
- Provide referrals and supportive linkages between residents and referral agencies.
- Recruit residents to participate in virtual and in-person programs, events and meetings.
- Utilize Salesforce to maintain up-to-date records related to program documentation.
- Manage data both demographic and programmatic in Salesforce.
- Work with Resident Services Manager in conjunction with Communications Manager in compiling resources, useful articles, and relevant financial topics information, memos and flyers to prepare and submit a monthly newsletter in print to residents.
- Help to facilitate virtual and in-person resident meetings, community-organizing, and social activities as desired by residents.
Priority 2: All Bright Community Center
The All Bright Community Center is currently closed due to COVID-19 restrictions. When conditions allow, the Resident Service Coordinator will work with the Resident Services Manager to undertake activities as described below:
- Welcome new residents and help with orienting them to the Allston/Brighton community and explain the resident services program and its offerings.
- Establish contact with existing residents and acclimate them to the community center.
- Coordinate the schedule of programs at the Center and helping to set a tone of inclusion and non-discrimination in the resident community.
- Coordinate use of the community space and provide onsite support for residents and their families.
- Provide onsite support for community partners, as needed.
- Open and/or close the Center as necessary.
- Design promotional materials for Resident Services programs and events.
- Engage with residents, constantly updating them on upcoming resident events and programs.
All Allston Brighton CDC staff share administrative responsibility for the organization, assume new and emerging responsibilities as the organization evolves, and engage in learning opportunities to share new information and knowledge that can help inform the future of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- At least one year of experience providing resident services or with significant work experience relevant to the position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Good interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Creative thinker; ability to think outside the box, trying new solutions and coming up with new programs.
- Demonstrated ability to work with low and moderate-income individuals and families and racially and culturally diverse communities
- Proficiency in Spanish and English both written and oral
- Knowledge of relevant state, federal and local resources, and agencies
Salary and Benefits: This is currently funded as a part-time position but may be expanded in the future to a full-time position. Part-time hours can be structured to accommodate the right candidate. Salary is expected to be in the $20 per-hour range. Benefits include three weeks’ vacation, holidays, sick leave, health insurance, flexible spending account, and 401(k) plan.
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to John Woods, Executive Director at [email protected]. Deadline for submissions is July 23, 2021.
Allston Brighton CDC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. ABCDC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or age. People of color and Allston Brighton residents are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Youth Program Coordinator (PART – TIME; TWO POSITIONS AVAILABLE)
THIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION (Mid-July 2021 through October 2022)
ORGANIZATION DESCRIPTION: For 40 years, Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation (ABCDC) has built a stronger, more stable community by representing and supporting the interests, engagement, and leadership of Allston Brighton’s diverse communities, institutions, individuals, and families of all incomes. Rapidly rising housing costs disproportionately affect the neighborhood’s most vulnerable residents, creating housing instability and displacement of low- and moderate-income individuals from critical community assets like public transportation, jobs, health care, their families, and more. ABCDC strives to create a vibrant neighborhood where people of many incomes, race and ethnicities, and gender identities can live and work.
Allston Brighton CDC’s Youth Development Program is a new program made possible through a state grant focused on the positive youth development of young people living at one of the Boston Housing Authority/BHA developments in Brighton (Faneuil Gardens). This program seeks to provide summer enrichment, academic support, arts education, financial empowerment, leadership training, and civic engagement opportunities. We are looking for creative, energetic, and motivated individuals to help us develop and deliver youth programs to foster the social-emotional, intellectual, and artistic growth in young people!
JOB SUMMARY: Youth Program Coordinators will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of youth programming at Faneuil Gardens. This new program provides an opportunity for the Youth Program Coordinators to work with the Manager of Community Action, Faneuil Gardens Tenant Organization, the Boston Housing Authority, and community partners to create and deliver a high-quality and creative youth development program that supports youth holistically by fostering a supportive community, running life skills and financial literacy workshops, while providing opportunities for civic engagement and community service. The Youth Program Coordinators will be expected to work as part of a team in shaping, managing, and promoting an effective, quality after school program. Reports to the Manager of Community Action.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management and Operations
• Shape and maintain youth development program in direct collaboration with Youth Development team and the Manager of Community Action.
• Work with the Faneuil Gardens Tenant Organization to oversee day-to-day operations of the program.
• Meet regularly with the other Youth Program Coordinator to co-plan weekly workshops, address youth needs, and manage data and assessment (with support from the Manager of Community Action and community partners).
• Coordinate special events, activities, and enrichment opportunities (such as college visits, community service opportunities, field trips, etc.)
• Coordinate regular 1:1 check in sessions with participants and document case notes for each interaction
Creative Instruction and Youth Support
• Create and maintain a safe space for teens, implementing strategies for social-emotional wellbeing
• Coordinate and support 1:1 or group academic support sessions with participants as needed
• Work with team to develop and implement program curriculum, which could include weekly art workshops, as well as life skills workshops (college and career exploration, goal setting, budgeting, healthy relationships, etc.)
• Help plan and identify neighborhood-based and citywide opportunities for youth to be civically engaged in their communities and city.
• Foster partnerships with relationships with other youth-serving organizations and community stakeholders
• Attend trainings, forums, and other opportunities for professional growth
• In partnership with Manager of Community Action, maintain daily, bi-weekly, monthly, and annual data regarding youth participation, referrals, length of stay in program, outcomes, surveys, case notes, etc.
• Participate in the planning, and help support, Faneuil Gardens Tenant Organization events such as Unity Day and other events and activities related to community building and youth/family engagement
• Carry out other duties as needed
• High School Diploma or GED
• 1-3 years of experience in youth development or other relevant field such as direct social services
• Commitment to racial equity, relationship building, and positive change for young people
• Passion for youth development, social justice, and civic engagement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Competency in various computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.), and Internet applications
• Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to drive projects forward, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to multi-task and handle potential conflicts with grace.
• Able to work a flexible schedule (program hours are tentatively scheduled for 3pm – 7pm; Monday – Friday)
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in Education, Humanities, Arts, Social Work or related field
• Three or more years of direct experience working with urban youth in a youth development context
• Experience and/or knowledge working in community-based settings in Allston Brighton
• Bilingual; Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese or Chinese is preferred
COMPENSATION: $20.00 per hour plus benefits
TIME COMMITMENT: 20 hours per week (Mid-July 2021 through October 2022)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to John Woods (Executive Director) at [email protected].
RESUMES WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITIONS ARE FILLED.
Allston Brighton CDC seeks a diverse pool of candidates. ABCDC is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or age. People of color and Allston Brighton residents are strongly encouraged to apply for this position