The P.O.W.E.R Institute
The P.O.W.E.R Institute (formally known as the Leadership Development Academy) is a series of training sessions designed to help individuals develop and build the skills important for becoming strong community leaders and making a positive impact in their neighborhood). We encourage people at all levels of leadership and community activism to attend. The trainings will help veteran leaders sharpen their skills and introduce new concepts to those just getting involved in community building.
Over the course of four sessions, we will cover the following topics:
- Using Community Organizing to Create Change: What are the core elements of community organizing? What is the difference between tactics and strategies?
- Planning Campaigns that Win: How do you build a collective plan of action?
- Mapping Power for Community Change: How do we relate to power in our work, personal life, and community? How do we build power for social change? How do we shift power when necessary?
- Using Planning to Create Action: How do you develop an action plan to move a project or campaign forward? How to you identify resources you need to move forward?
- The Local Context: How does government work in Allston Brighton and across the City of Boston? Who has power in the city and who does not? What kind of work is already being done to make change?
For more information, or to get involved in our work in the Allston Brighton community, email our Community Engagement Manager, Jason Boyle, at [email protected].