JOB TITLE: Manager of Youth and Prevention Programs
REPORTS TO: ABSATF Director
POSITION DUTIES: The Allston Brighton Substance Abuse Task Force, a program of the Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation (CDC), seeks a candidate to work with the ABSATF Director on the implementation, evaluation and reporting of substance use prevention strategies, primarily among youth. Funding for the position ends in September 2021 but further employment opportunities with the Task Force are a possibility. This position is expected to be remote until the end of June 2021. The ABSATF – The Allston Brighton Substance Abuse Task Force is a coalition of community agencies and residents that mobilizes youth, families, community members and leaders to prevent and reduce substance use among youth and adults in our community.
In collaboration with ABSATF Director manages grant funded Substance Use Prevention grants
using the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF)
- Coordinates implementation and facilitation of Botvin Life Skills Curriculum in Allston Brighton middle school setting via Zoom.
- Supervises student interns.
- Coordinates and oversees all aspects of the ABSATF Youth Coalition Program.
- Attends local and citywide meetings to build partnership and increase collaborations.
- Represents ABSATF at local, city and state events and conferences.
- Implements grant funded communications-based strategies that motivate healthy behaviors, change social norms, and promote public health programs and policies using social media platforms.
- Assists with organizing community events such as the Annual Walk for Recovery, Annual Fundraising Event and other events as needed.
- Coordinates and implements grant funded community forums and prevention strategies
- Assists with preparing and writing grant applications.
- Responsible for tracking outcome data and preparing grant progress reports.
- Participates in program evaluations.
- Attends ABSATF member meetings.
- Attends meetings and events on evenings and weekends as needed.
- BA degree; Master’s degree preferred with experience in Substance Use Prevention, Public Health or related field.
- Certification/Licensure: Certified Prevention Specialist or willingness to work toward certification.
- Strong public speaking/presentation skills with ability to adapt to various stakeholders.
- Preference for Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) knowledge.
- Strong youth and program development experience.
- Knowledge of substance use issues with primary youth focus.
- Knowledge and experience in community outreach and coalition building.
- Experience working with school communities and other youth-serving organizations.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be flexible to meet the needs of a dynamic program.
- Experience using social media to implement health communications strategies.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), computer technology and
organizational skills required.
- Must provide own transportation when needed.
- Experience and comfortability working in an urban setting.
- Experience and comfortability with virtual platforms (e.g., Zoom).
Allston Brighton Community Development Corporation (CDC) is an equal opportunity employer. Preference given for a resident of Boston. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Helen Connolly, Director, Allston Brighton Substance Abuse Task Force, [email protected]